When you walk along the beach, you may notice how great your feet feel in the sand. Sand is a good natural scrubber, and is really great for delicate, gentle skin. It helps to take away dead skin cells and leaves your skin feeling silky and smooth!
A search online for a sand body scrub can range anywhere from 30-50 dollars! Instead of shelling out all that money, try making this scrub yourself for under 10 dollars!
For this recipe you will need:
• Beach Sand (If you don’t live by the beach, craft stores sell sand!)
• Extra Virgin olive oil
• Essential Oils
• Empty Mason Jar
1. Begin by filling up a bowl ¾ of the way with sand.
2. Add Olive Oil (Or Coconut Oil) until all the sand has a wet texture. I suggest starting off very light and adding oil slowly. You don’t want to add too much because then you’ll get globs instead of an easy light texture to spread.
3. Add an essential oil of your liking. I personally go for vanilla, but flavors such as orange, lavender, and coconut also work very well. There is really no limitation to what fragrance works with this. This is all personal preference. If you enjoy having a stronger smelling scrub, add 6/7 drops, for a light subtle smell add only two or three drops.
4. Pack up your mason jar with this mixture and label it! This will stay good for about three months.
And that’s it! I Hope you enjoy making these scrubs as much as I do. Please feel free to share any tips and tricks for making your own sand body scrub below.