Christmas time is the perfect time of the year for showing the ones you love how much you care! The only problem is that many times our spending per year for Christmas gifts gets a little high. According to a study done in 2015, Shoppers around the country say that they are planning to spend an average of $882 dollars for gifts this year! Yikes!
As a college student, my budget is always really tight. I focus a lot more on DIY projects. They are an inexpensive, thoughtful way to show someone how much you care! I am going to show you how I made a snowman wine glass from an idea I saw while out shopping and wanted to re-create.
For this project you will need:
– Variety of Paints (For this exact project I used white, blue, orange, pink and black)
– Wine Glass (Dollar stores sells these!)
– Paint Brush
1) Put the wine glass on a paper plate, or newspaper to stop the paint from getting all over. Paint the entire wine glass with a white color. To not make it look a solid white, I used a thick paint brush to get varied strokes.
2. After the white dries, paint the stem blue. I waited for the blue paint to dry to add white polka dots for decoration.
- Outline the face of the snowman with black paint. Two circles for the eyes, eyebrows and a smile.
- Use orange paint to paint a carrot nose. Start by making a circle in the middle and building off of it a diagonal line.
- Add light pink circles above the end of each mouth to give the snowman rosy cheeks.
- Add a blue line around the top of the wine glass to match the stem.
- If you want it to dry right away, Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. You want to put the wine glass in right as you put the oven on and it is preheating. When you are done baking it, turn off the oven and let it cool inside. If you don’t want to use an oven, it will seal after 20 days of air drying. And Voila, Completed Project! What makes it even more fun is to paint the person’s name on the other side either in blue or white to add a personalized touch to the glass!
I hope this article helps! Please feel free to share your own creations or suggestions in the comments!
In her free time she enjoys traveling, working out, listening to jazz and writing.